- Project Team
Describing Expeditionary field work at the AMNHThese posts describe recent discoveries and observations by the project team.
In 2012, the Research Library of the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) was awarded a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, through a program administered by the Council on Library and Information Resources’ (CLIR) Cataloging Hidden Collections. The AMNH Archive Project will produce in-depth descriptions, called finding aids, for major archival collections relating to Museum expeditions. The project will also result in brief histories of these expeditions and biographies of those who participated in them.
- Nils Albert Parr on Dr. Albert E Parr Museum Director 1942-1959
- Mark Caldwell Becker on Under a Lucky Star, Roy Chapman Andrews
- rmorgan on The Franz Boas Photo Collection
- Bill Levay on A Place for Our Stuff: Evaluating Archival Content Management Systems
- Mark Custer on A Place for Our Stuff: Evaluating Archival Content Management Systems
TagsAinu AMNH library catalog Anthropology Archives Archbold Archival Arrangement Authority Names CAT Cataloging CLIR 2010 clir 2012 Correspondence Crocker Land Department of Preparation and Installation Department Records EAC-CPF expeditions Fall 2011 Field Notes Finding Aid finding aids Hayden Planetarium Herpetology Archives hidden connections IMLS LARA linked data Mammalogy Archives Manuscript Collection Maps Museum History Non-Curatorial Field Notes Ornithology Archives Paleontology Archives Phase 2 photographs Photo Print Collection Processing Research Library Risk Assessment Slide Collection Spring 2011 Spring 2012 Summer 2011 Summer 2012 T. Don Carter
Links to Related Sites